Please no recruitment agencies
Intern / Junior Software Developer
“Passionate about developing software, keen to learn, ambitious, who has that extra bit of quirk & is hungry to grow…Sound like you? Then read on!”
< Overview />
Infoware Studios is an exuberant & quirky agile technology solutions biz based in JHB. We think agile is super cool! We’re a fascinating, brilliant and fun-loving bunch who regularly breaks away from the norm in order to keep things interesting. Not only do we think agile is cool, we might possibly think you’re cool too!
At Infoware Studios, we do a whole bunch of things ranging from Agile Implementation and training services, Agile Project Management, Software Development, Cloud hosting solutions, Strategic IT consulting, Business Intelligence solutions, Agile tool support, up to Digital Marketing.
Operating on the self-managed team philosophy, our Infowarians (otherwise known as employees) are go getters who take the lead and run with it. We get personal – with our clients as well as our employees. So if you’re highly motivated, good at what you do, passionate about software development, have oodles of leadership potential, are self-managed, with a touch of quirk and are ready to jump right in; we’re looking for you!
< What will you be doing? />
As an intern/junior software developer, you be doing the following:
- Sometimes writing awesome code on greenfields project.
- Maintaining existing applications for clients.
- Show clients the impossible is possible because you are an Infowarian by upgrading their legacy systems to modern day technologies.
- Test-driven development, writing tests using feature driven approaches
- Looking after application infrastructure on Microsoft Azure and Amazon Cloud.
- Doing Jira configuration and business process automations.
- Support our clients’ Jira servers.
- Working within a development team
- Write user stories for specifications.
- Will be expected to deliver and assist with systems support
- Will be exposed to agile technical coaching
<Your Background />
- 0-2 years relevant working experience
- Diverse range of technology skills
- Exposure to different languages, such as Java, Java Script, C #, HTML, CSS, Ruby, C++, Deplhi etc
- Experience in production support and ensuring BAU (Business as Usual)
<About You! />
We’re looking for someone out-of-the-ordinary, who walks to the beat of their own drum, who is ambitious and willing to try new things. How many of these boxes do you tick?
- Have a flair for people
- The opposite of egocentric
- A born leader
- Extremely high work-ethic (non-negotiable!)
- Service orientated
- Quality of work is important to you
<The deets />
<Remuneration> 8000 – 15 000 bucks (depending on your awesome junior software developer skills)
<Education> 6As in Matric, 4 degrees – just kidding! Relevant degree or qualification
<Job level> Intern/Junior
<Own Transport> Yes please