Atlassian’s Jira is a powerful tool used by teams to plan and track their work. The Jira Basic User training course is aimed at both individuals who have never used Jira before, as well as those who have been using Jira but would like to understand how to use Jira effectively and optimally. In this Jira course, we take you through the very basics and explain how concepts hang together to increase your understanding of Jira and they way in which you can use it.
The Basic User training is divided into 2 sections over 2 days, namely Jira Basic User training and Agile on Jira. The 2nd day is not compulsory if Jira Agile is not being used. So sign up for 1 day only is needed when only using Jira.
Day 1: is focusing on using Jira not covering any plugins or Jira Agile.
Day 2: is focusing on using covering the basics of both Scrum and Kanban from a framework/methodology perspective and then making this work in Jira Agile.
Jira Basic User training learning outcomes
The following learning outcomes can be expected after completing this course:
- Understanding of basic concepts in Jira, how they fit together and what they mean
- Be able to create issues, understand the usage of various fields and practically apply
- Practically work with issues and be able to apply various functionality such as moving and editing an issue
- Understand the various ways of searching and filtering issues
- Practically create basic & advanced search filters
- Be able to create personalised dashboards and configure gadgets
Jira Basic User training agenda (Day 1)
– Starting time: 8:30 each day
– Lunch everyday from about 12:00 – 13:00
– Please note that the times are indicative and depends on the size of the group as well as the level of experience from the participants with Jira.
Setup & access to Jira
Working with Issues
– Fields on issues
– Working with issues in a project
– Time capture and issues
– Modifying multiple (bulk) issues
– Moving an issue
Searching for issues
– Basic searching
– Using filters
– Advanced searching
Browsing a project
Working with dashboards
– Creating a dashboard
– Adding gadgets to a dashboard
– Managing multiple dashboards
Notifying your Jira Admins
Request Custom Training
A minimum of 7 people are required for custom training requests. Please advise the proposed dates for custom training.
7 & 8 April 2015
22 & 23 April 2015
6 & 7 May 2015
13 & 14 May 2015
1 Day (Jira Basic User): R3750 ex VAT
2 Days (Jira Basic User + Agile on Jira): R7500 ex VAT
Infoware Offices, located at:
Unit B, 1st floor
49 New Road
Register for the training courses
Please register for the training course by sending the following details to email@example.com:
- Your name and surname
- Email address
- Contact number
- Applicable training course
- One day or Two day course option
- Do you have a laptop to use for the course
- Are you requesting custom training & what are the dates?
- Any additional queries