Please no recruitment agencies
“Passionate about developing innovative technology solutions using multiple technologies and approaches, keen to learn, ambitious, who has that extra bit of quirk and is hungry to grow…Sound like you? Then read on dude!”
< Overview />
Infoware Studios is an exuberant & quirky business transformation technology solutions biz based in JHB. We think agile is super cool – we live and breathe it, and would eat it too if we could! We’re a fascinating, brilliant and fun-loving bunch who regularly breaks away from the norm in order to keep things interesting. Not only do we think agile is cool, we might possibly think you’re cool too!
At Infoware Studios, we do a whole bunch of things ranging from Agile Implementation and training services, Agile Project Management, Agile Software Development, Strategic Agile and Business Transformation consulting, Atlassian tool support. (Note the Agile obsession?)
Operating on the self-managed team philosophy, our Infowarians (otherwise known as employees) are go getters who take the lead and run with it. We get personal – with our clients as well as our employees. So if you’re highly motivated, good at what you do, passionate about making companies better and technology innovation, have oodles of leadership potential, are self-managed, with a touch of quirk and are ready to jump right in; we’re looking for you!
< What will you be doing? />
As a senior software engineer, you be doing the following:
- Writing awesome code on greenfields project.
- Automation on the Atlassian toolstack using groovy scripting and associated add-ons.
- Writing Jira and Confluence add-ons using the Atlassian SDK.
- Development and support of Infoware Studios own software products: Womlers, Talent Vibes, Jira Reporting Solution, Jira add-ons.
- Test-driven development, writing tests using feature driven and unit testing approaches.
- Continuous integration implementation and monitoring using Jenkins, Bamboo and other identified tools.
- Working within a the software delivery team:
- Assisting other developers to troubleshoot.
- Test code from other developers.
- Test own code against delivered functionality end-to-end.
- Pair with business analysts and testers during functional verification and testing.
- Technical and domain driven design of requirements received from client.
- Business as Usual (BAU) Support & Maintenance:
- Upgrade of servers and applications.
- Data migrations and fixes.
- Deployments of new software versions.
- Technical troubleshooting of issues in production.
- Technical Assistance to rest of the development team in solving production issues through troubleshooting.
- Participate in rotational support from 06:00 – 22:00, by taking the early or late shift.
- Monitoring of infrastructure on Amazon.
- Monitoring of support calls coming in via Infoware Studios service desk.
- Deployments after hours and over weekends.
- Looking after application infrastructure on Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Participating in agile Scrum project delivery process:
- backlog grooming.
- daily standup.
- sprint planning.
- sprint review: Demo working code to clients at each sprint review.
- Part of the interview process at Infoware Studios of other software developers.
- Source code management via Bitbucket.
- Follow Infoware Studios defined DevOps practices and processes.
- Technical consulting on agile practices: DevOps and automation.
- Doing Jira configuration and business process automations.
- Technical troubleshooting as well as upgrades our clients’ Jira and Confluence servers and other Atlassian products like Bamboo, Stash, Bitbucket.
- Upgrading and testing of Infoware Studios Jira add-ons to latest Atlassian SDK versions.
- Internship Programmes
- Development of technical content for Digital Geekaship.
- Technical coaching of graduate / undergraduate young developers.
- Lectures with interns on technical topics.
- Oversee and assess progress of interns.
- Interview interns.
<Your Background />
- A minimum of 4 years relevant working experience.
- Diverse range of technology skills.
- Full stack developer, working on front-end and back-end code.
- Experience in production and BAU (Business as Usual) support against to SLA’s.
<About You! />
We’re looking for someone out-of-the-ordinary, who walks to the beat of their own drum, who is ambitious and willing to try new things. How many of these boxes do you tick?
- Hard worker
- Have a flair for people
- The opposite of egocentric
- A born leader
- Extremely high work-ethic (non-negotiable!)
- Service orientated
- Quality of work is important to you
- Self learner
If you think that you would fit right in, please apply here: